Thursday, July 19, 2007

The soundtrack

placed in the parameters of my context - this still makes more sense than much else.

I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry
-- Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie

Fergie!?!? I know! Who would've thunk that something she penned would ever make sense in my life. But it does - for now atleast.

Big, fat drops of rain left me drenched this morning and yet - there's serenity. Mostly because tonight is my night to go home - where the gap closes for a brief moment and I feel exactly as I should - wholesome yet me.

I wonder what I'll miss about Mikey this week. Last week I woke up on friday with a slight inkling that I might've missed his arm cushioning my head. It's one of the discoveries of marriage - I keep finding new ways that communicate this love.

It's thursday :)

1 comment:

Sue V. said...

so happy that you started blogging again!