Monday, June 20, 2005

Skeletal Posing

Today, I have the ghastly pleasure of enduring an ultra-sound. A special imaging opportunity for my over-active thyroid. Say cheese for your 15 seconds of fame beyotch– bleh. The over-active part was an original add-in. I’m not sure if its over-reacting but, I assume that it would. After all, everything about me and my life is reactionary – melodramatically so. My body, im assuming, is no different.

The weekend was bliss.
Monday – the initiation of misery. Everything is horribly wrong today. From the moment I woke up, to the obviously abnormal dude who randomly flexed his whistling skills - loud and clear (I could hear him through janet belting out a tune on my ipod) to the moment when he exited the train after touching me and waving goodbye. Strange. He reminded me of that hilarious guy from Office Space. The one who never understood he had been fired - regardless of the countless clues. This is just another thing I love about the Tdot. The crazies that ride the subway along side the obviously anti-social ones (with an ipod and dark givenchy shades – a weekend score- what else could you call me?).

And now – radio drama. Not particularly interesting drama. After all, with the client in question there’s nothing even remotely interesting that gets bought. A curse or an inherent foible? I’m not sure. But most definitely a psychosis of some sort.

But before the manifestation of bad scripts – I must confront my fear of hospitals – again. After the bruise the resembled the Indian peninsula (my last blood visit) – I am rightfully perturbed. And anxious. Did I mention apprehensive? Oh. I meant, scared shitless. Yes I know, it won’t be painful. But I’m sure to feel slightly violated – you can never guarantee a perfect pose with a skeletal shot – I wonder if I can ask for proofs and retakes.

Note to self: buy R a card. My little one is testing her wings in another continent. She leaves tonight. God bless the people that have to put up and work through her jitters. I’m sure Dad’s expecting some kind of request for payment from my currently ignorant Aunties. Having said that, she will be missed. But a month – pshhh! – 30 days will fly by. I’m certain of it.

I’m off in the hopes of meeting more Office Space characters. After all, today feels like it’s my lucky day. Yup, all mine.
:(

No comments: