Monday, February 09, 2009

25 bits of randomness

in lieu of a real post.

everyone's doing it, so i did too.
and yes, if everyone jumped, i'd be right there behind them ;)

--::--

1.To some H20 is a necessity. I concur. Only because you need it to make my MUSTHAVE beverage of choice – coffee. I have been known to sometimes guzzle 5 venti’s a day. A dash of milk and no sugar, thanks!

2.I have a serious clutch/bag addiction but only so far as owning them. I feel an unmistakable desire to complete the purchase and then it sits in a big plastic bin with 50 others waiting for its turn to be trotted out. I think I’ve got about 25 with the tags still on.

3.My biggest weakness is my inherent fear of failure. It also happens to be one of my biggest strengths.

4. I have a shelf full of gorgeous notebooks, each with a few neatly populated pages. None of them have been used more than a handful of times. It’s a sickness I tell you.

5. I heart tropical everything. My life would be perfect if I could transport all the parts of it to a hotter climate. My secret dream is to move to Sri Lanka / Dubai / Malaysia and bask in sunshine all day.

6.I always need to sleep with my toes covered, regardless of how humid it is. I have an irrational fear that exposing my toes would be an open invitation for some type of insect, to suck the life blood out of me. Growing up in the tropics can do this to you.

7.Breakfast is my favorite mealtime - hands down. I could eat Buttermilk Pancakes, Waffles or Bombay Toast all day & never get bored.

8.I used to be a copywriter that hated being told what to write. Oh, and detested writing short copy. That probably explains why I’m on the accounts side now.

9.I laugh when I’m nervous. I thought it was a good thing. Pissed-off clients think otherwise. So I'm working on learning to stifle the urge.

10.I can’t stand wine – red, white or iced. Hard Liquor on the other hand – I’m A-OK with that! It sure doesn’t make for romantic candle lit meals though!

11.I love cake. When I went to Sri Lanka, they had to restrain me from spending my entire vacation at Royal Bakery. They’ve got the best chocolate cake hands down. Green Cabin would be second.

12.I must wear a watch at all times. And I always have a favorite. When said favorite dies, i go through an emotional process before picking the next one.

13.Once I get into a routine, it becomes the “only” way to get something done. Ex: Cleaning. I got up at 7am on a Sunday last year and cleaned the entire place in an hour. Now I firmly believe that a 7:00am cleaning session is the only way to start a Sunday.

14.I hate talking about money but enjoy spending it ☺ My BFF and I share this trait, amongst others.

15.I can bite my toe nails. Not that I do. Anymore at least.

16.I love looking at people’s photos (new or old) and albums. In fact, I’ve been known to look at the same albums multiple times on multiple visits. Yet I enjoy every time, like it was the first.

17.I come from a family of poseurs. When a camera comes out, watch out world, we all think we’re the next Lakshmi Menon.

18.I used to be a theatrical kid and put my skills to good use while I was in junior school. One year, I played Good King Wenceslas in a Christmas play. I think they picked me because I was the jolliest (re: chunkiest) 10-year old they could find. I won an award for being a chubs.

19.My mom used to dress all three of us girls alike (fave outfit: these tee's with our faces on it). It looked fine on Rama and Rashi since they were only a year apart and looked incredibly similar. Me on the other hand, I always looked like a giant with these faces swimming in my belly.
(Strangely, these days, Rama and I get confused for one another all the time.)

20.I am a sucker for a good madras kappi (Bru rocks). I think that’s what sealed the deal with Mikey - date #4. We were at Madras Dosa Hut and he expertly mixed my coffee madras 'tumbler-to-dish’ style and had me hooked.

21.I must speak to my family at least once a day. Even when I travel overseas, much to the chagrin of my husband.

22.I am accident prone to the nth degree. I spontaneously trip over my own feet, walk into things, drop things on my extremities - it's like i have to meet a minimum # of band aids used everyday, sorta rule.

23.I used to read the dictionary for fun. On weekends especially. Sometimes, I still do. The thesaurus was for really special occasions only. Like Birthdays.

24.I love trying different types of food and it’s so easy to do that in a city, like Toronto, that thrives on its multicultural DNA. Thai food would have to be my favorite type of cuisine.

25.I love libraries but have a love-hate relationship with library books. I hate people who feel the need to leave bits of their lunch between the pages. Or even worse, the margin-writers! Hence I buy most of the books I want to read.

--::--
surprisingly, i wrote this in 30mins at work. and i had to scale the list back.

i am obviously far more random than i gave myself credit for.


yup, only monday.

No comments: