Thursday, October 15, 2009

midway

and still going strong.

the last 14 days have been a test of will power. Some people are put through the wringer on Survivor - my amazonian test is the mall. Mannequins, store signs, displays, racks - it's all a trap. And i'm speedy like a super mario or two, whizzing past them.

In all honesty, the last two weeks have been brutal. I've had 4 dinner get-togethers, a bridal shower and a birthday soiree to attend. This involved multiple trips to the malls to procure things for other people. I'm a firm believe in always taking a token of appreciation for the generous host - so the last 14 days have seen me traipsing through the mall on many an occasion. Anyone who has watched the Shopaholic - knows EXACTLY what I'm going through.

I don't know if this month was a bad one to pick to try said experiment on myself. After all, it's a birthday-heavy month and is also one that is usually filled with lots of events - thanksgiving, diwali....that's a lot of time spent visiting! I've discovered that so far it hasn't felt as brutal as I thought it would. After all, I did get to buy loads of things - even if it was for other people - it still fulfilled the urge to shop.

I think i should do this in the new year. Maybe in january? November is impossible - after all christmas is right around the corner. And December - well holiday parties always deserve a new outfit or two or ten.

I am however slightly impressed with myself. Sure i've been drooling all over my keyboard wishing i could take that virtual wishlist and make them welcome additions to the wardrobe - but all in all, i haven't bought myself a single solitary thing.

It's a lot like how I deal with hot men these days. Lookie lookie? Absolutely. Touchie Touchie? Hellll no - cuz my broken inside will then wish I could take it home.

I think I've realized that maybe I do have a little bit of self control after all.

:)

work on the other hand has been INSANE. retail accounts keep our creative guys grumpy and the account folk jumping through fire breathing hoops. at the end of day, sure they aren't fun (on a daily basis) but they certainly keep us all running in circles.

bleh.

1 comment:

Sue V. said...

congrats on making it half way through!