Wednesday, September 16, 2009

hump day ranting

"oh my god, this is unreal"

"hold up, are they seriously talking about this AGAIN?!?!?"

"someone hand taylor a box of kleenex"

"maybe they need to exile kanyeandeveryothereffinradiostationthatplaysthisnoneffinstop"

--
and that my dear friends was my thought process this morning.
gahh! nothing bothers me more than rifling through the Economist, which deals with REAL issues, in the morning to the soundtrack of another boo-hoo celebrity-infused-perez-hilton sponsored moment. on re-peat.

FML.

--

In other news, i've got a strategy session with a client today - and i am PSYCHED. Yup, i am THAT geek. Heck, if you get paid practically nothing to do what you love doing - then you might as well milk the few moments of bliss for all their worth.

Advertising is totally my first-love. She's high-maintenance. Requires a truckload of TLC. Demands my undivided attention. Makes me work into the wee hours of the morning. Expects me to kiss-face and ass at more events than I have the bandwidth to handle. Pushes me out of my comfort zone on a daily basis. Makes my heart pound at the thought of a great strategy and the potential of phenomenal creative. Gets me misty-eyed courtesy of too-much joy + great creative. Makes the major inconveniences feel minor. She's the soundtrack that plays behind everything else i do.

and this bothers me because...

1. i have a phenomenal job that i absolutely adore
2. i have an amazing family that i am blessed to have + friends that ease the ride
3. i have a hubs that absolutely adores me and is still in love with me (after almost 7 years)
4. i have loads of things i love - tangible things - an enviable closet, a drool-inducing library, more gadgets than a girl needs + all the necessities

in other words, i have a pretty cushy life.

but for some strange reason - something doesn't feel quite right. i feel like i blew a fuse.

{more internal investigations to follow}

in the meantime - i have a meeting to prep for!

yay wednesday.glad you could make it.

--
oooh...and today i get to meet sue!
*sigh*
like icing on a cupcake.

No comments: