Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Fred’s not here.

But we were.
( I wonder if I’m ever going to surpass the urge for cheese)

The group convened to celebrate Summerlicious at Fred’s on King West. The food was debatable – depending on what you ordered it was either off the hook or barely palatable.
Our loud and rowdy chatter filled the cozy restaurant and build an impenetrable bubble around our table of 9. Everyone showed up!

Snippets of our night:
• Shopping at H&M with P&S – fun as always. P lingered in the lingerie section for much longer than what’s considered normal. Hot date? We think so. A mysterious one at that. I invested in a pair of comfy jelly pink flips to commemorate our trek back to king west.

• Timmies with the crew. M looked adorable – she was all fit and tings – and flaunting it too – good on her. C was as he always is – calm, cool and collected – after all we hadn’t gotten to the food part yet. D looked nice as always – god, I haven’t seen her in ages. N&J joined us part ways and the group was almost complete except for M – busy man/busy life.

• Conversations regarding rings and weddings: P is right – a big rock comes with a big commitment – what if I lost it? I’ve decided (and declaring it at this point) that I’m going to let M figure it out on his own. After all, that’s the way it should be. I’m sure he’ll do right by me – but honestly, if the boy was to propose with a ring pop – I’d still seriously consider saying yes. So alls well. After all, he’s got a lifetime of opportunities.

• Weddings: D has decided not to join L&T at their reception. Grrr. That leaves me with the task of making new friends. Thanks buddy! My own wedding: will most definitely be after M&C’s – just so that P&S don’t feel the need to pick and choose. I plan on inviting you guys u know – to everything.

• Clearing up Oct 24 2004: My incognito birthday. The reason I didn’t make a big deal about it was simply because I was unemployed – feeling down and dumpy and not really looking forward to celebrating my “funk”. That’s all. It wasn’t a personal diss, a pimp slap, a declaration of acquaintance-ship that belies the friendships I’ve built with them – it was just me needing to be alone. Now this year on the other hand, everyone is invited – if they still want to come that is.

• Last night on the train I discovered that P&S might not attend my possible wedding that might possibly happen if I ever possibly get proposed to. I hope they were joking cuz quite frankly, I’d want them to – be there.

Wee. Apart from that. M& I drove home in the sweltering humidity. Briefly hugged as my mom watched us from her bedroom window and ended the night with a tame kiss on the cheek.

I hope everyone had a good time. Because I know that I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is "P" pipping in with my opinion (what else is new). First of all I would come to your wedding...never thought I would see the day when all my friends would decide to become adults and get married (very scary thought!), second of all we only give you a hard time about the birthday slight from last year because it is fun (have you not noticed that this group likes to harass each other :)). That is how you know you are truly part of the group ... because we are giving you a hard time about things that have occurred in the past :).
Fred's Not Here was fun...glad you had a good time.
Luv P
p.s. For the official record - shopping was not because of a hot date but a girl can never know what may come up in the future (hehehe).