Monday, July 11, 2005

Wedged between smoldering days

Was an unflappable and totally chillaxed weekend.

Friday: M was in a end of the week funk. A little bit of shopping therapy polished his waning veneer and presto! He was born anew. He’s absolutely precious when he’s sulky and even more adorable when he’s not. He scored a pair of casual black metro-esque shoes at Bata for under $40 and jeans from Roots for less than $20. Go figure – the boy has the best retail luck that I’ve ever known an XY to have. He also bought me july’s gift (yes, im spoilt rotten – my super-duper fly man buys me a present every month- go ahead, I won’t begrudge you the drool factor) – 2 pairs of hot pants from La Senza – another great buy.

Saturday: An M free day. He spent the day cerebrally cavorting with a married woman’s brain matter. Bah! He was actually putting his beaver-like skills to the test by attacking his case study project – a day of academics minus his whiny girlfriend. I spent the day bonding/scrapping with R’s R and my dwindling bank account. We went birthday gift shopping for R – and after a wonderfully air conditioned day at Markville mall, we sauntered into Asiyans. Yards and yards of fabric that costs yards and yards of coin. Serious coin. No matter, the search continues for that one breath taking (and affordable) moment. My purchases for the weekend:

A black skirt – embroidered cotton with a ruffle – Dynamite.
An ice green pleated skirt – im rocking it today – Dynamite
A black twill blend skirt from Winners – For under $15
A pale yellow blazer from Reitmans
A funky bracelet
Some presents for upcoming birthdays.
And – that’s it.
Nope, I lied.
An army green Roots hat.

A total of $110.
Yeah, not so bad eh?
Unless you factor in the reality.
I didn’t have that much to spend
Hence I dipped my wicked fingers into my savings account.

Eegads.
My boyfriend was not pleased.
Im sure he thinks im a retail hoe.
And the sad truth is that
I AM.

No more.

Saturday night: M and I got into a verbal brawl. To continue the pace that R & R set up for the weekend – we spatted it out and cleaned ourselves off. Fighting with him is emotionally draining cuz I like him waaaay more than I should. I can’t in good conscience go to sleep knowing that he is pissed at me. Anyways, I managed. We patched things up on Sabbath day.

Sunday: Hung out. Recovered from the retail sidewalk madness that seems to have taken the province by storm. R & I hung out during the day. M joined us part ways. We scrapped some more. Wiped ourselves clean. And got dirty again. It’s fun fighting with the boy. Then R’s R joined us. And we caught the over-animated shrimp Cruise in his must-see flick - war of the worlds – yikes. The best part of the movie was the popcorn. Sad but true. Introduced a salt stained track to my face. We finished the night with some chicken kothu and butter chicken. Yum.

Another weekend lost in time.

Oh and R is having a blast in England.
She sounds older. More mature. And happier.
I couldn’t be more thrilled.

No comments: