Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Deadlines

Color: black fade screens with bursts of sparkly light

music: Bob Marley " Lively up yourself"

Mood: Flustered.

-----------
Work much like life seems to be chock full of the above mentioned dirty d word.
Those things that are created to keep the creative mind in check, to keep us ever submissive to the big guy who holds the whip, to keep us conscious of the market environment. Everything in this god forsaken life has a deadline.

Today, B & I are fully immersed in the thrill of our first studio run. We (the littlest shits in the business) are actually doing TV work. I realize that to most people, commercials are merely their prime opportunity to unleash the wrath of their bladders, make a phone call, grab some eats…..a sublime moment of release from the drama and energy of their regularly scheduled programming.

To us, commercials are our bread and butter. The fluff the makes this job a cushy dream. Little did we know the hours of tedious work, negotiations and waiting around that goes into the making of those 30 second spots. Its incredible to know that it takes a whole slew of people, talent, post production, hours of paint boxing, insane amounts of type setting that goes into adapting a simple spot.

Folks, it takes a helluva lot more work to create a 15 second teaser than it does to make a baby. Hrmph.

But that doesn’t suck the inherent joy out of this situation. B & I are living out the dream. We get to make tv spots for a living. How effin cool is that!

I can’t forget that this is monumental in our lives right now. I just wish that I remembered how to breathe or write or even think coherently.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am officially losing my mind.

Can someone pass me an oxygen tank PLEASE. argh.

No comments: