Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Tickled Red in honour of St.Valentine!

Music: “silence” courtesy of an empty office.

Colour: Crystal

Mood: Clarity is just around the corner
-----------------

Feeling slightly bummed and refusing to partake in the joy of candied cinnamon hearts, I went through my riotous day in advertising with a gigantic chip on my shoulder. Things to do, concepts to think of, disappointments to deal with and most of all, a boyfriend that mucked up a hallmark holiday (such a hypocrite eh).

Until 11:30am that is.

For the first time in my entire existence I received a bouquet of gorgeous gourmet cookies delivered to my workplace. In that brief moment, I was struck by clarity.
M had actually planned a surprise for a holiday that he had absolutely no heart for. Sooo chweet no?

“wow, he loooooves you” sang me
“and this proves it no?” said myself
“mmmm. I guess he does kinda like me,” said I

And in unison they sighed as they collectively realized they were smack dab in the middle of a made for Harlequin romance.

While the weather emanated memories of London fog, we decided to make up for our comedy of miscommunication from the day before by watching “Hitch”.

Firstly, Will Smith is one hot tamale! Eva Mendez was breathtakingly gorgeous. But the star of the show was Doug Heffernen- I don’t know the dude’s real name (playing the character of Albert Brennaman). It was such a rip roaring comedic adventure of finding love and holding on to it in a big city. Refreshing to say the least. The dance sequences were out of this world and slightly evocative of B’s dancing repertoire! Gosh, that boy kills me with his undying optimism and his uninhibited dancing skills (B, that is).

(I got lucky three times around with the XY chromosome’d population. My appa is an astoundingly amazing man. M cut from the same roll of moral fabric. And now B, who feeds the soul and holds my hand as we live through the greatest dream of our lives.)

Best line in the movie: Life isn’t about creating breathtaking moments but about the moments that take your breath away. (shyte, I think I butchered it with my overzealous behavior, but that was the gist of it - err i think.)

I like that.
Moments that take your breath away.

And thinking hard about it, I’ve become conscious that my life is filled with exactly those types of moments.

Unexpected but Reassuring.

This year my life will be golden because me, myself and I (the holy trinity) will it so.

Be Blessed.

No comments: