Saturday, March 12, 2005

Minutia.

Dear Lifetime,

Your preposterous ways baffle me. I’m left questioning your sanity when you school my tush using the smallest, most minutest situations in life. Now, call me crazy but shouldn’t life altering lessons be gigantic events? Complete with a marching band, a committee of soothsayers and a simulated shoulder to lay your weary head upon? You would think so, I certainly did.

But apparently, I was wrong.

The best (most imperative) of life’s coaching comes neatly packaged in a small snail mail parcel. It arrives without warning on your doorstep. A lonely parcel that bears the wrath of pedestrians and the weather until you accidentally stumble upon it. That’s how life’s crucial learning happens (in my world atleast). Suddenly and without a hoop-la it arrives admist the dust of chaos and presumptuous actions. Now Mr.Lifetime, why on earth would you subject me to unexpected learning? Don’t you think that being prepared would help me absorb the lesson better?

Either way, I’m astounded. A walk to the Timmies across the street could be an un- scheduled appointment with Mr.LifeLessons and I, am constantly caught unawares by it all. So here’s my humble plea: a sign of some sort would be greatly appreciated. Small, Large, a white dove or perhaps a burning cross – a vision or an inherent stirring of the spirit – something, anything – I’ll even settle for a lucky penny. All this to simply read: If I am prepared for that moment, I will be well-prepared to change perceptions and to absorb the semantics of this life.

And if you simply can't afford to grant me that one little concession - i wonder if i could schedule an appointment to kick your a$$.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled and Insane.

No comments: